POS products managed by Microsoft Azure Computing leverage the following Azure benefits that could be passed on to their customers compared to POS applications running on-premises or non-intelligent cloud platforms:
- Infrastructure as a service
- Robust analytics support
- Superior IT support than their existing on-premise or private cloud support
- Redundant storage systems
- Enhanced scalability and flexibility
- Stronger disaster recovery
In addition to being a very cost-effective and scalable IaaS platform, Azure allows customers to migrate from capital expenses to more predictable operating expenses. Customers can start with what they have and increase or decrease Azure utilization based on demand. Businesses can save space and storage costs for on-premises environments by leveraging Azure’s software as a service, and seamless integration with Microsoft SQL, application, network, and web security.
Some of the other unique benefits of deploying POS solutions on Azure Cloud Technology include:
- IaaS allows businesses to manage and deploy Azure POS applications quickly and easily. Cloud POS software can be customized to meet business demands.
- Strong analytics support provided via Azure will help businesses discover new business opportunities, enhance customer service, and make informed decisions.
- Integrates seamlessly with existing IT environments through hybrid databases, storage solutions, and secure private connections. This makes Azure a very cost-effective and easy-to-access cloud service.
- Has more delivery points/data centers as compared to other available cloud services. This provides a better user experience and the ability to deliver content faster. Azure also allows businesses to share content across multiple virtual machines.
- Pay-as-you-go subscription service can be dynamically adjusted according to the business needs and capacity requirements of the organization.
- Provides a wide range of technology environments many developers and IT professionals depend on allowing businesses to quickly deploy and modify web apps to Azure with near-zero downtime.
Considering more than 95% of Fortune 500 companies rely on Azure Retail Solutions for their data storage and app management needs, it’s no surprise that Microsoft POS has become synonymous with cloud computing. The need for on-premise systems is quickly losing traction as cloud computing creates long-lasting business insights that are communicated with automated analytics and data.
Azure enables the use of multiple devices (e.g., laptops, desktops, tablets, smartphones), and multiple operating systems (e.g., Windows 10, iOS, Android). Learn more at arbapro.com
Author: Arshad Osmani