During the height of the pandemic, many gift shops closed their doors and were unable to service their customers. In hospitals, patients missed out on the spirit-lifting gifts from loved ones, and hospital employees missed their mid-shift shopping break. Many independent retail stores had to resort to alternative methods of buying and selling items online. We have identified the top 3 online gift shop pos features for your benefit.
- Online Sales are Integrated with your POS System
- Offers a Wide Range of Fulfillment Options
- Offers Multiple Payment Options
Online Sales are Integrated with the POS System
- Inventory integrated with the POS system benefits both the employee and the customer because everyone knows which items are available on-hand.
- Once an item sells online, inventory should be updated automatically to reflect the real-time data of items purchased.
- Recent implementations of Online Gift Shop POS in hospital gift shops gave staff a morale boost because they can now continue their operations online.
Wide Range of Fulfillment Options
- The ability to choose between pickup and delivery is a must-have feature that should be considered when selecting an online gift shop. Hospitals may want to consider having internal delivery for patients staying at the hospital.
- Your online store should be available using a computer or mobile device. Making your online store as open as possible can play a significant factor in the number of sales your online store is generating.
- Many stores are gravitating towards curbside pickup. This has been a popular feature for most retail stores since the height of the pandemic.
Multiple Payment Options Available
- Credit/Debit cards are seen as one of the most used payment methods globally and are a vital payment method at any point-of-sale.
- Gift Cards are a nice-to-have payment option for customers that want to provide family and friends with an act of kindness.
- Payroll Deductions is popular with employees in hospital and corporate stores because employees only need their badge numbers to purchase items online. These purchases are then deducted from their next paycheck at the end of that pay cycle.
Restrictions since the pandemic have caused a significant shift in the need to buy and sell items online. Knowing the many features to include when bringing your gift shop online is essential. The ability to integrate online sales with your POS, have a wide range of fulfillment options, and offer multiple payment types at the point-of-sale are all key features to consider when looking for an Online Gift Shop POS solution.
Visit our Online Store page, or email us [email protected]
Author: Haroon Osmani