Contactless payment software during the pandemic highlights the necessity for businesses to remain up-to-date with their POS enhancements. Observable trends in companies scrambling to make changes throughout their operations continue to be very common. Even before the pandemic, trends in contactless POS solutions were rising. Contactless payment software is any solution that might help reduce the amount of face-to-face contact or reduce the amount of contact between the exchange of items. There are two POS solutions companies should be aware of:
- Self-Service Kiosks
- Online Ordering
Contactless Self-Service Kiosks Payments
- One of the biggest POS solutions that companies are switching to for their cafeteria operations is Self-Service Kiosk POS. Allowing customers the opportunity for a self-order style check-out reduces the size of lines by diverting traffic to multiple points of sale during peak business hours.
- It is not necessary to come into contact because there are multiple points of sale. Customers will not see as many customers when standing in line, and cashiers do not have to interact with every single person looking to buy food for the day.
- Pair this solution with a feature such as ID badge scanning to incorporate one of the most efficient and convenient contactless methods in the cafeteria POS world.
Contactless Online Ordering Software
- Online Ordering POS comes in the form of website ordering and a mobile application. Both are alternative methods of ordering, so customers and staff do not have to interact with one another.
- Since menu presentation is on a laptop computer or a mobile device, customers can use their own personal devices to place orders in the cafeteria. Orders are typically sent directly to a kitchen printer so that the kitchen staff is aware of any new orders.
- The greatest advantage of online ordering is that no one uses the same device to place orders in the cafeteria. All orders submission can come from a personal computer or smartphone.
Author: Blake Bell