Now that the pandemic has brought to light the importance of contactless POS solutions, we see a trend in companies scrambling to make changes throughout their operations. Even before the pandemic, trends in contactless POS solutions were on the rise. Contactless POS solutions are any solutions that might help reduce the amount of face-to-face contact or reduce the amount of contact between the exchange of items. There are 2 POS solutions companies should be aware of:
- Self-Service Kiosks
- Online Ordering
- One of the biggest POS solutions that companies are switching to for their cafeteria operations is Self-Service Kiosk POS. Allowing customers the opportunity for a self-order style check-out reduces the size of lines by diverting traffic to multiple points of sale during peak business hours.
- Not as many people are forced to come into contact because there are multiple points of sale. Customers will not see as many customers when standing in line, and cashiers do not have to interact with every single person looking to buy food for the day.
- Pair with this solution with a feature such as ID badge scanning and now you have made one of the most efficient and convenient contactless methods in the cafeteria POS world.
- Online Ordering POS comes in the form of website ordering and a mobile application. Both can be used as alternative methods of ordering, so customers and staff do not have to interact with one another.
- Since menus are presented on a laptop computer or a mobile device, customers can use their own personal devices to place orders in the cafeteria. Orders are typically sent directly to a kitchen printer so that the kitchen staff is aware of any orders that are placed.
- The greatest advantage of online ordering is that no one uses the same device to place orders in the cafeteria. All orders can be submitted from a personal computer or smartphone.
Author: Blake Bell